A thought on Oprah's Sydney Visit


Photo from SMH article taken by Jon Reid

I have posted a couple of articles here on the blog on Oprah's visit, and thought I would add a thought or two on what I think of all the hoopla.

I love it.

I have watched a few Tourism Australia campaigns over the years and have been confused by a couple of them I must say, Lara Bingle's, "Where the Bloody Hell are you?" campaign which I thought was dismal, and any reasonable amount of money it costs the country to make Oprah and her guests visit a fantastic event, in my mind only serves to showcase this wonderful country in a way that will do more good than Lara Bingle could have ever hoped to.

I am very pleased that everything is going well for them, and I look forward to seeing more of this spectacle in the coming few days that remain.

The organisational engine, the thousands of people involved and the security and the venues are really amazing. I cannot wait to see the Opera (OPRAH) House transform for her TV shows in the following 48 hours. Tickets to her shows are the hottest things in the country at present, you cannot buy them for love or money. The list of celebrities and the possible visitors are the subject of speculation, but could be ANYone at t the moment.

Visitors in the country at present are U2, Bono, Jon Bon Jovi, Bob Gledof, Jay Z, Beyonce, Russell Crowe, Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, Hugh Jackman and many, many others. Who actually appears on the shows which will be broadcast in January sometime but taped on Tuesday in 48 hours time will all be a surprise.

I will let you know who was on after I have been there!

Lastly, I welcome Oprah and her entourage, and welcome the commercial benefits and blessings to the country that will follow when it is shown to the world.

I am still amazed it was kept a secret for as long as it had been. I raise a glass in tribute to all involved who kept it a secret.

The Sydney morning Herald Story on Oprah last night

Comments

Tammy said…
Oh yes, Oprah being in Australia is a big thing here, too. We are all wondering how the shows will be, when they will air, and who will be on them. I am guessing for sure Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban. Can't wait to find out!
Tammy said…
Hey, your comment of letting us know after you've been there...does this mean you DO have tickets? I've been wondering if you will be doing any photography for the event.
Craig Peihopa said…
I will let you know Tammy, Marcelina and I are going as audience members!
Tammy said…
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay for you and Marcelina! That is awesome! :)

Popular Posts