Hong Fu North Eastern Chinese Restaurant

I cannot count the amount of Chinese food platters and restaurants I have frequented throughout my 44 years, and whilst there are favorites I have, I have discovered a new restaurant that is a Northern Chinese cuisine and after being hesitant about it's simplistic presence, we sat down and were wondering about our choice when there was only one waitress.

The most glaring difference for me was, that we were the only non-chinese patrons, and I thought that had to mean something. So we ordered what I normally do. I am a lover of sweet and sour pork, and they did not have it per se, but what they did have blew me away. It was delightful. Like nothing I have experienced before. It was lightly fried pork in a batter of sorts, that was not doughy, yet crisp, lathered in a ginger sauce that had enriched flavours of lemon grass and chives with a softly sweet syrup. I absolutely loved it. The rice was simple, in fact it all was, the tables were not lavish, nor was the environment, but the food and the earnest nature of our waitress was delightful. I will visit here again.

I give it a 4 star rating. Missing out on only one star for ambience and simplicity, but VERY good nonetheless.

I will include the details in case you are interested in a visit. These are direct from the Parramatta local restaurant guide. The times are not totally correct though, dinner is from 5:30pm-11:00pm. They do not speak a lot of english either, but the food was great. Well the dishes that we chose were anyway.

Hong Fu North East Chinese Restaurant
26 George St,
Parramatta, NSW 2150
Phone:(02) 9891 1225

Don't be fooled by the cosy interior of the Parramatta based 'Hun Fu North East Chinese' restaurant. Serving up a delectable range of North East Chinese cuisine for prices you won't even find in Shanghai, let the chefs at 'Hong Fu' take care of dinner for you tonight.

Soft dumplings, traditional suan cai (pickled cabbage with pork) and congee (rice soup) are all on the menu. Vegetarian selections are also available.

Yum, stop by soon.

Hours
Mon: 11:30 AM-10:00 PM
Tue: 11:30 AM-10:00 PM
Wed: 11:30 AM-10:00 PM
Thu: 11:30 AM-10:00 PM
Fri: 11:30 AM-10:00 PM
Sat: 11:30 AM-10:00 PM
Sun: 11:30 AM-10:00 PM

Comments

Tammy said…
Shame on you for making my mouth water!

;)
Goldenrod said…
There's a LOT to eat there and it all looks delicious! I have never been fond of sweet and sour pork, altho my mom was.

I love Chinese food, but - like you, am kind of selective. There used to be a really good Chinese restaurant out in Katy near where my daughter lives, and I would go there at least twice a month for takeout. Yummy!

Unfortunately, they went out of business. :(

Popular Posts